Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Cha-Ching

Dear Riss,

I have good news: I am an adult. For a while, I was unsure of what really made you an official adult, but now I know. When I went off to college, I felt pretty independent, but really I was still a baby to the world. Then after I got a real job, I discovered I had a bunch of adult-like responsibilities but I was still able to have too much fun. I was almost positive that getting married would turn me into an adult, but it did nothing of the sort. Finally, years of curiosity and pseudo-adulthood are over. Mark your calendars, today, February 25, 2009, I became an adult. I successfully filed my taxes. The IRS has accepted me and my 1040. Not too long ago I didn't even know what a 1040 was. It's almost embarrassing.

To celebrate my successful first act of adulthood I first thought we could throw a party where everyone gets tied down in uncomfortable chairs and is forced to solve word problems and do mental math while listening to the on hold music of the IRS's 1-800 number. You know, to celebrate how much fun taxes are. But then I thought it would be a better idea if you just got me a trophy. I went ahead and did a quick sketch of what the trophy should probably look like.

I think you will agree that I should receive this trophy as soon as possible, in order to display so everyone else can do their taxes in defeat, knowing that have no chance of receiving the Best Taxes of 2008 Award and/or trophy. No sense in letting all the other adults get their hopes up.

Love,
Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment