Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cheesy Beer-y Goodness

Dear Cate,

I'm so ready for our dinner date tonight at the land of good company and attractive waiters that many people call "Granite City." I look forward to spending time with you, but to be honest, I'm probably most excited about the Cheddar Ale Soup. There's a good chance that I will eat 30-50 bowls of it and they will finally ask me to leave because they ran out of their magical beer-y cheesy goodness. At this point, a riot will ensue because I will have deprived countless others of their inalienable right to partake of delicious soup. I may throw a few chairs and roundhouse kick a few of the cooks and servers in the crotch. They'll call the cops and there will certainly be some sort of stand off. Hopefully, it will all be resolved with a "to go" bowl of Cheddar Ale Soup (for the road) and I will be on my way. What's more likely to happen, however, is that I will need to be shot with several tranquilizer darts before the S.W.A.T. team is able to approach me to cuff me and lock me up. I'll spend the night in jail, and probably be charged with felony assault and destruction of property. Don't worry though. I'm sure my lawyer can get me a plea bargain. I'll have to pay some restitution and do some community service, but it will just be a slap on the wrist really. I'll make a public apology, and chalk it up to the folly of youth, but really - I'll be counting down to the next time that I get to indulge myself in magic cheddar ale wonder. Obviously, not at the Olathe Granite City location becuase they will have gotten a restraining order against me. However, we could probably get in still at the Zona Rosa Granite City, and I'll do my best to eat the soup in moderation.

See you soon!

Riss

No comments:

Post a Comment